Thursday, October 15, 2015

Ralph's Rule

Ralph's Rule Regarding Nutritional Responsiveness
And Ralph's Non-Paradoxical Corollary


Theory: People who have a healthy life style and eat non-GMO, organic foods, with supplementation if desired, may not notice any great change when sampling a new dietary supplement.

Corollary: Most people are so deficient in so many nutrients that they will often have a positive response to most any dietary substance when concentrated into a dietary supplement.

I've observed, counseled and participated in the natural, health, dietary supplement market since the late 1960s. I've watched the capacity and sophistication of that market's offerings grow into one of the most vital, health-benefiting aspects of modern life. I've received some training in several holistic modalities including homeopathy and Human BioAcoustics. I know a lot of people who use a lot of supplements.

That experience led me to look closely at biological individuality and at why some people seem to be benefited by some nutrients and others by different nutrients. The question also involves concepts like "homeostasis."  What I learned is what I've come to I call "Ralph's Rules" which encompass the Theory and Corollary above.

Pay attention to how your body responds to what you eat. Foods, supplements, pro- and pre-biotics, nano nutrients. All play a role in a healthy lifestyle. Learn what you can and try what interests you.  You might be surprised at how well you feel!

No comments: